Saturday, February 26, 2005

When was the last time you were disgusted?

Listening to: Seven days without you
Avion

Pop over to
Yarn's. His latest post on Steven Lim, gives you today's lesson on how not to be a dickwad like singapore's most dubious eyebrow plucker. Go on, shoo, when was the last time you were morbidly fascinated? I'm too lazy to write bout SL, and plus i like my already meagre sleep too much to want to dwell on him. it. whatever.

Now back to moi :) After that upsetting day at work, yesterday was beautiful really.. The session at sgh went well enough, and i was back in office in time for lunch. Came back to find my mouse decorated to look like a spider, thanks to my neighbour, who exclaimed that she had missed me. Awwww shucks. I dangled it over my monitor for lunch to make it look like it was scrambling over my monitor. After my yam rice and big doses of other nasty carb's, candles were lit for frannie's 27th birthday. Then TWO chairs were set out. For both feb babies. At that point i tried to come up with an excuse to go, i hate fuss, but in the end had to sit and cut cake. Yarghh. Didn't bring the pics home, wanted to post a pic of it. White chocolate all round the edges, printed with animals in baby pastel colours-lol! The stuff of cuteness.. Bushy head warmer eyebrowsy ronan and danny both got a slice, but didn't get my age. Im not that generous.


After lunch no one wanted to get back to work. A gazillion pics were taken, starting with fran's GORGEOUS tulips.. Now i know how many people can squeeze into my cubbie, and how much weight my desk can take. Which isn't much. Creaking gets scary when it's not your property. I'm not particularly enamoured of flowers, partly because some have a little difficulty getting it right, but these were absolutely enchanting. Beautiful scent, delightful packaging, vivid purple colouring. So sue me, but i like my flowers romantic. Long stemmed, leave the thorns on, and get the big ones please. I hate smutty small flowers.

The tests went really well, better than i had expected, and the protocol is going to be on its way for dsrb soon. *yay*

After work met J for my very belated prezzie and dinner, and i met some of the friends as well, inclusive of singapore's reigning wushu tai tai, currently 7mths with baby, and still playing the band's drums as well. Incredible pocket dynamo.

Had company on my way home from the nice techhie. First he said he wld send me on my way. Then he decided to come all the way to my stop. Then he insisted he'd prefer a walk over a cab ride back to my place, so we walked for a good half hour. (Whoa. Hello- you're not tired, but i am k?)

Didn't make an issue of it in the end because i quite like walks and it turned out to be a pretty nice one. There was a nice breeze accompanying us, and my february moon was huge and hanging low, veiling us both with strong, illuminating moonlight.