Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Breathers.

Listening to: At last
Cyndi Lauper

My god- this is so terribly romantic! Just had to get the lyrics.

At last my love has come along
my lonely days are over and life is like a song
At last the skies above are blue
my heart was wrapped up in clover the night I looked at you

I found a dream that I could speak to
a dream that I could call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
a thrill that I have never known
You smile you smile oh and then the spell was cast
and here we are in heaven
for you are mine at last
I found a dream that I could speak to
a dream that I could call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
a thrill that I have never known
You smile you smile oh and then the spell was cast
and here we are in heaven
for you are mine at last
at last at last

*swoons*

I can finally take a breather from work since this particular protocol is over. Still look tired, but my sheets have seldom looked this tempting and im going to make full use of them the next two days. I feel like at present my life has come to a little standstill. No spectacularly major changes for a couple of months now, just small amusements and concerns that were nothing except pesky. My next two will be coming in a bit, so its rest, rest, rest for me. What to do, being an old lady zaps you of your energy. I just hope i don't get any more fool subjects who come in shouting," i saw you on friendster!" while im trying my darndest to act professional. Its bloody embarrassing i tell ya. I swear they look at you thru different eyes after that. It's bizarre, considering that i've got my pooftah poodle's pic uploaded. i know i bear a certain resemblance to my pet but...this is just a bit much.

Another thing that amused me recently..I got the come on from two nice people at this place. Nothing strange about that, except.. its been some time since anyone thought i was a passive. Yes, they were both..urm..women. Well.. the same sex as i am at any rate. Lol- Perhaps i shld start going to mad monk's, or winebar on tuesdays ;p

I have a question... Is it possible to fall for someone, even thought it defies logic, and breaks all the rules you've set for yourself? To only concentrate on the person, the man he tries to be, and the man that he already is? To not take note of the practical aspects that women are trained to meticulously sift for, but just.. enjoy him the way he is? Either way it's a moot point, and an ache that gets a little hard. Again i distance myself, because that is my safest option.