Friday, February 11, 2005

Lucid dreams.

It's been some time since i've been struck by my dreams when i wake. I've learnt to tune out most. Here are a few bitty odds.

The first dream.

The most disturbing part?
We're test trying equiptment in a barnyard. It's the first time i pilot something. I get on a plane with May from work, and i accidentally hit something which releases a bomb. It kills 94 people in a village. May volunteers to takes the blame, and we get off scott free. It results in tremendous guilt. Later i get a blueprinit of just how extensive the destruction was.
Why 94?

How strange. Whenever death in my dreams occurs with numbers, chances are i'll wake up really disturbed. Hmmmm. *ponders* If i strike anything, you guys will be the last to know ;p

The second dream
Damn- i've remembered it for the whole morning and half the night and i forget it when i want to write it down. Wait..ok. Here goes.
My sister's fiance catches me in the bathroom about to shower. I scream, and my mother gets him out of the bathroom.
NOTE: the man throughout used to be a physician i worked with. Tall, nerdy, nice hands, christian. I was never attracted to him at any point.
Later i go thru a tea ceremony with my husband, but i don't know who he is yet. Dinner proceeds. Dreams within dreams. I remember in my dream that i had offered to help my mother-in-law to strip the leaves of the spinach for the dinner. The leaves are covered with maggots, and i desist. While looking at the leaves, the mother-in-law is at once both herself and my own biological mother. The other women gossip over my chosen choice of veg. It's an inauspicious choice.

Next scene

Im on the red hall carpet with my mother in law. We discuss the church wedding and when it should be held. I get up to walk, and realise there are 4 bobby pins stuck in my left sole. I pick them out gingerly, and realise there are bobby pins strewn all over the carpet. I bend to pick them out so no one else will get hurt.. I realise at this point who my husband is. Although i was never attraced to him, suddenly i am filled with such tenderness and warmth, i marvel to myself, lucid while dreaming. I feel also a sharp pain in my tongue. I open my mouth, and i find 2 bobby pins stuck in the side of my tongue They protrude out onto the other side . I pull them out, one by one. My husband comes out of the bedroom fresh, desirable, *nerdy*, steps onto the carpet and guides me through the pins. A feeling of total contentment, yet inevitability.

I really, really hate having disturbing dreams which i can't understand. The last time i dreamt about playing in the hospital. My grandmother and i were in a lift, and we were trying to catch up with someone, but no matter how many lifts we took, we were always too late. There was a horrible sense of urgency about the dream,, and i was so disturbed, i cld not function. A day later my grandfather passed away. Coincidence? Or my own imagination? I don't know. I only know i shouldn't fuck around with my dreams.

Realise at this point i either come across as just plain wierd or really disturbed-lol! Either way, you should realise that dreams are more than your mind's way of sorting out information at the end of the day.