Wednesday, February 02, 2005

~*baby*~you've got to try harder, even when its hard to try

Listening to: Baby
Bebel Gilberto

Im aggravated.

What is it about cabbies who blast religious music in their cab? Take this morning's uncle. I come in, and after 15 mins, ask if he can switch to an english station. He turns around, and tells me it is an english station. Um. Small prob. Im more stressed than i thought if i can't even differentiate between my mother tongue, and prayer chants. I give him my look. "it's class 95" he retorts. I point out that they don't play certain music on class 95. He strains to listen, spends the next 5 mins gushing about class 95, and tunes it to an english channel. It's... the perfect 10. Uh huh.

Pretty upset about the story that was told to me by my darling duo today. Transparency is sad to see when people put in effort to prevent the exact opposite. I little while ago i wrote about wishing for the purity of relationships and friendships. I read a little something from hannibal, the follow up to silence of the lambs which i think is very apt at this point. I quote," Wish in one hand, and shite in the other. Which gets filled up first?"

I think that... making a decision for a sabbatical from relationships for a year was a good call. 6 more mths to go. Its made me have no choice but to stand up and face certain things on my own, as opposed to unwittingly hiding behind some human security blanket. Sure its a little hard, but lots of things are, and what doesn't kill me... :)