Monday, March 14, 2005

Pass the tissues around.

Listening to: Cannonball
Damien Rice

It's monday, and my girls at work are taking turns getting incapacitated by the flu virus. Again. It's making its second round, largely due to the fact that we spread it faster than we can get well. I feel sorry for the lady who clears our bins.. The contents are probably more hazardous than the labs outside. Poor thing. I must plant some of our tissues inside senior managment's office.. Or swab the doorknobs. Or something.

I took the practical (and hasty) step of confirming with ly that i'd stay at least till the end of the year. Urgh. More fool me, but it's done. At least i can still fantasize.

Top 10 most Applicable Things I'd Love to Say But Don't.

1) I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.
Lucid says: I used to think it was just me but everyone else says your're full of shite too.

2) I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
Lucid says: Don't mistake my lack of a response for empathy.

3) How about never? Is never good for you?
Lucid says: Don't ask me if im free when you've just asked me to do something that minutes before you've claimed was my number one priority.

4) I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
Lucid says: Ignorance is your bliss and my personal hell.

5) I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
Lucid says: Im guessing this won't be anytime soon.

6) It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.
Lucid says: If i screw up my face when you're talking, don't believe me when i say im not feeling well.

7) Ahhh...I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
Lucid says: ...

8) Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
Lucid says: Also slightly hysterical, depending on the nearest deadline.

9) Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Lucid says: Thank you for recognising that fact and planning ahead in advance.

10) File that under "Never".
Lucid says: 'nuff said.