Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Listening to: Symphony
sarah brightman

"He said you guys were dating or a while".

Really? He actually said that? I want to laugh and wonder idly if i do it hard enough, whether i can blow bubbles in my soup. Laugh not at him, but at the fact that i am so incredibly stupid!


Instead i put on my clueless persona, make mock sounds of surprises. It comes out that he had told her this when we first met, and i am so taken aback i can't help doing a quick slack jaw. Thank god for things to shove into your mouth when trying hard to hide your confusion.

How do you know when a date is a date, not an exercise in platonic companionship? I honestly am perplexed. What seems like a come on from one, is just an oft used gesture to another. At times like this, I wish i was like some of my girls. Flirtation personified. They know when to laugh, when to lean, when to touch, when to take up a tease. And they know how to say goodbye the right way. Me? I just run off. What you do affects me, you'd better believe it, but then again it might be the effect of an overactive imagination, no? I take everything just as a friend would, take everyone as just that, a friend. Even less because i know which direction my flirts take me. I am a useless female, wot!

It's so surreal walking in the museum in the middle of the night. The Asian Civilisation Museum was having one of its all nighters, and it was lovely to walk without the hoardes. In some rooms, we were the only people, and we had all the time in the world to explore. The lighting flitted around the exhibits and the music seemed louder because of the lack of conversation, making the whole setting more of a dreamscape. The group split up, and i must have ended up a little lost looking because one of the security guards started asking me what i wanted. It must have been my lucky lucky day, because it was his first day (duh) and he couldn't help me anyways. Thanks for asking but.. no thanks.

I take a minute's walk to the river. Facing the fullerton and soaking in the views of the lit up bridge, the loveliness of the night, and the lack of people. I've never been here at this time of the night while being perfectly sober. Hearing muffled laughs, i spin round to realise there is still a couple, furiously necking away in the furthest seat. Looks like i'm not the only one who had a good time. Smiling, i turn to catch my ride.