Saturday, April 09, 2005

It's been ten thousand years since i've last posted.

Listening to: Precious things
Tori amos

No, i don't have a penchant for exaggeration, thought i'd told you that a billion times already.

747 is coming along, inevitably fast. Protocol plans have been brought up to managment for logistic issues as they were needed urgently and Jl wasn't around to settle fast.. On thursday i was flabbergasted to find that a last minute meeting had been scheduled with ly and lh, the techs and scientist. Oh- and my "mentor". She understood my look when she asked 4 mins before i was supposed to go off if i was game for a meeting. She hadn't known about the meeting either.

Why wasn't i informed about the meeting when i was protocol leader (P.L)?
She patted me on my back, said it wasn't that important since it was higher level planning. Oh Goodie. Was i supposed to be relieved?
I slipped into the meeting room later. No one made way for me at the table, so i had to squeeze.

I had a talk with with sher when we were in the car later.. it's only because it's your first protocol she said when i mentioned that i felt redundant. It's not an uncommon thing. A snort and a grunt from me. It's not a personal thing, i know that from what the other girls say. I just..Urgh. It doesn't matter to me that everyone goes throught the same thing, but it kills me because iniatiative is not looked upon kindly here. They want you to be on top of everything, but they don't keep you informed. They stress professionalism, but sometimes i feel that even though they're 20 years older, the maturity of the gross week old sandwich in the fridge is superior.

Grrr. Only 8 more mths to go.