Friday, November 11, 2005

vegetated

Its incredible, but im hooked!

I've been vegan for 4 days! .

!!!

If you realize what a meat and potatoes girl i was, and compare it to the fact that now i juice for breakfast and look for vegetarian establishments that are out of my way.. I look for organic options! How wierd is that? I've gotta let you know it feels incredible. Seriously. The only hang up is when i attempt to whip up something for myself in a self righteous fit.

One morning i tripped down to get supplies for recipes that i wanted to try out and ended up with all sorts of eats in my cart that still had clumps of soil on them. When i pointed this out to my companion, i only got a disgusted look, and an admonishment. I was exhilarated though. This must be like what shopping feels like for some women. You don't simply up with an article, you end up with potential!

I got back and decided to start on the chives first because they looked the easiest to handle. I managed to get a good look at the soily roots, and instantly my imagination went into overdrive. Did you know, that chives have hollow leaves which look like fun for a myriad of small, women hated bugs? Thank god no maggoty creep or other miscellaneous crawlies were found, and i made my first organic salad. Or first salad, period.

Sometimes, the most satisfaction can be found in the simplest things.