Friday, November 18, 2005

Discipline, where no one notices, has never been my big thing. In the fullness of a particular kind of companionship, somehow writing palls :)

So i was reading one of the reviews in the papers about the exorcism of Emily Rose, and it was saying it was the scariest movie in town? No shite. I caught it during a sneak about 2 weeks ago, and i felt slightly mad (schizophrenic, like) after watching it. Typically it's the korean, or the japanese cheap frights which get me. When was the last time you were afraid?

About 2 days later at work, i was feeling slightly off and so, encouraged by colleagues, went for a lie down in one of the rooms not currently utilised by any of the volunteers. This was late, about 1 in the morning. Taking along sheets and blankie, i made myself comfy, and drifted off almost instantly. Some time later, i thought i heard someone come into the room. Not being sure if this was just another vividly lucid dream, or if i was in fact awake, i waited for a while to see if the noises came to a head ie: i see the reason i heard noises. I didn't see anything, so i tried to sit up. It seemed like my mind was awake, but my body wasn't, and so i had no choice but to continue lying. I didn't see anyone come into the room, but i did see the edge of the screens i had pulled round my bed for privacy move slightly. Squinting in effort, trying to shut aside the blurriness of sleep, i could only see the curtain being slightly tugged, as if someone wanted to peek at me, but let the screen fall back each time, only to try again . I tried to lift my arms to grab ahold of the cot sides to pull myself up, but again with the haziness of sleep or dreams, i hadn't the strength to. The last straw was when i heard bells chiming. Whoah.

The chimes were light and sweet, and rather than add to the intensification of fear, i was filled with a sense of urgency which helped me struggle to wake/sit. I told rach, a peer, what had happened, and she put it down to the bloody show. For those of you who watched the movie, the time i woke was 3.10am.

The next night, i told a friend what had happened, and she asked which room i had been in. I told her it was the 'green'. She smiled, and told me never to sleep in either the 'yellow' or 'green' room. Apparently she can see things, and see she did in those two rooms.

Wussy people shouldn't watch horror movies, and i've vowed not to anymore.

Damn.