Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Listening to: before today
chicane

Came home to find my room cleaned. My mother again. I'm so sorry..you didnt need to do it. You didn't need to tell me to eat before i left for work. I can take care of myself, to a reasonable extent, though not perhaps in the way you'd like.

I wish a better daughter had "happened" to her. I wish she could have had a more pleasant life. I wish it could have started out differently.

All i can give her are my subdued responses, to her ever more apparent, and giving gestures. My father once told me, that as he grows old, sometimes all he wonders is if he was a good enough parent, and if he will ever know that he was. All that goes through my head, is that both of them are thinking this almost constantly. A sense of resignation must have overcome them by now, and i cant understand why i dont have an an answer. The only thing i know is that my behaviour doesn't warrant any perfectness from them.

Do you ever wish you were a better person too?