Saturday, September 17, 2005

Listening to: Mr super market produce putter-outer
Bud Light Presents Real Men of Genius (Real Men of Genius)

I'm sure it's not just me. With some people, very few, i get tongue tied, feel like everything i do is insufficient. I swear this foolish grin comes on, and i feel like a dumb block of grunts *grunt snort grunt* , while the other is lightness and wisdom personified. Not quite sure why this happens, and i can't remember when the last time this was but tis happening again at work. I guess the good thing is that i do respect this woman, which is a rarity in itself. How on earth can you know you did a good day's work and yet go home feeling crappy? The power of a person's good natured rib.

Was stepping out of the lift, and who did i walk into but Mr smiley painter man who watched me walk up to my house door sheepishly. Not only does he know what i look like topside now, but he's got to see me in the flesh (theoretically a bit less of the flesh, more of the clothes) trying to sidle past his bloody huge scaffold blocking the bloody lift door. So i bloody had to squeeze past while he bloody wished me a very bloody good morning. I'm sticking to the air con and closed windows from now on.

Caught up with a peer the other night, and found out that she's marrying a pastor. Astonishment. How did she know he was the one, i asked? She smiled, and made me promise not to laugh. Being afraid of a man leaving her for another woman, she prayed. I huddled closer, waiting for what she wanted the man to tell her. What term of affection, what bit of his heart would he proffer to show his ardor?

The statement, when it came, made me laugh. He had asked her to die before him, because he didn't want her to ever be alone. Aww shucks.

I can only hope that the day i fall, is the day my own prayer is answered. I'm drawing closer to the religion i lost so long ago. Not the obligation of tradition or guilt that came in early adulthood, but out of a real want to relive what was so special to me when i was young. I might not want to be a nun anymore, i don't think they look upon loving thy self that literally, but..well..we'll see.

Lyrics:
Today we salute you Mr. Supermarket Produce Putter Outer (Mr. Supermarket Produce Putter Outer)You have perhaps the greatest job known to man, squeezing giant melons all day long
(Love those squishy melons)
When women come in looking for squash, you say,
"Perhaps I can interest you in my giant zucchini (That ain't no zucchini)
Day in and day out, women step on your grapes, and you don't even flinch(Ooooooh!)
Is that a banana in your pocket?
No, it's a Plantain(Muy, muy grande)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light
O' King of the Cumquats,
because if one guy has to fondle our plums, we're glad it's you
(Mr. Supermarket Produce Putter Outer)